Heavy Equipment Mechanic
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Primarily responsible for the repair, service, and maintenance of heavy construction equipment in the field environment. This will include basic repair knowledge and troubleshooting of electrical, hydraulic, powertrain, and engine components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on general heavy construction equipment and heavy truck
- Ability to understand and fill out service-related documents and paperwork in a timely manner
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections to ensure maintenance activities on performed in a timely manner
- Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment
- Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
- Familiarity with the construction industry and experience working around heavy equipment is a must.
- Read and interpret specifications and manuals
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors, supervisors and equipment operators
- Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- Must have own tools.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience as a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic, preferably in the field
- Requires the ability to lift, push or pull and move up to 70 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in a varied environment
- Crane and welding experience is a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Drivers License, OSHA10/30, First Aid and CPR
- Must maintain satisfactory driving record at all times which may be subject to approval by company's insurer and in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws
- Outdoor / Field environment
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVEL
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
"Note: The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer."
Location/Region: Houston, TX