Operates a crawler or rubber-tired machine mounted with an excavator bucket. Used for excavating ditches, structures and mass excavations, laying pipe and precast concrete structures, loading trucks and placing rock riprap. May also be equipped with various hydraulic attachments.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate machines
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate loading of dirt, rocks, and other materials
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects
- Perform maintenance work to equipment including oiling, greasing, and making necessary adjustments
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Gain the respect of others by being fair, honest, reliable, and hard working.
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- Five (5) or more years of heavy highway and civil construction as a Excavator Operator
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Mathematical proficiency as it relates to basic geometry, algebra, and mathematics
- Move throughout a construction jobsite which includes minor obstacles including climbing ladders and inclines, operating heavy equipment, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials
- Work outdoors with exposure to changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Location/Region: Houston, TX