Job Description: Procurement Manager
Location New Braunfels, TX
Pay Range Commensurate with experience. This position is classified as exempt.
Schedule Typically Monday through Friday working some overtime during peak periods and as necessary to complete the job responsibilities.
The Procurement Manager will make a significant contribution to the company by managing purchases for multiple projects. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing and leading a team of Purchasing Agents and/or Purchasing Assistants. This position reports to the Director of Procurement and will work very closely with operations personnel as a very critical and important member of the team.
- Develop and administer subcontracts and purchase orders: development of Request for Proposal, analysis and evaluation of vendor quotations, drafting of the vendor contracts including the scopes of work
- Actively participate in the subcontractor/vendor community to foster strategic relationships
- Participate in and lead the Buyout Meeting to prioritize responsibilities for project-specific purchases as a liaison among Procurement, Operations, and Estimating
- Collaboration with other Procurement personnel.
- Supervise, manage, and direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel
- Understand and communicate impacts of market changes, as well as adjust strategies to maintain procurement goals
- Develop and implement Master Agreements, Preferred Supplier Agreements, and Framework agreements to improve and enhance the efficiency and value of Procurement processes
- Ensure compliance with the management and implementation of purchasing procedures and policy
- Maintain records and provide accurate reports of procurement activities
- Other duties as assigned to enhance the operation of the company.
- 5-8 years industry experience in purchasing and procurement
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Construction experience required
- High level of computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Sharepoint, and Access
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors/suppliers
- Construction project management experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience planning, managing, purchasing, and negotiating
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study (Engineering, Construction, Supply Chain)
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Location/Region: New Braunfels, TX