Schedule: Typically Monday through Saturday but occasionally up to seven (7) days per week
Operate Motor Grader to conduct rough grade work on new highways.
Regular Job Duties
- Operate GPS and Laser Controlled Grading System motor grader
- Performs rough grade work to close specification control. This work is subject to strict inspection and must conform closely to specifications.
- Perform maintenance work to motor grader including oiling, greasing, and making necessary adjustments to equipment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Gain the respect of others by being fair, honest, reliable, and hard working.
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- Three (3) or more years of heavy highway and civil construction as a Motor Grader Operator
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Mathematical proficiency as it relates to basic geometry, algebra, and mathematics
- Move throughout a construction jobsite which includes minor obstacles including climbing ladders and inclines, operating heavy equipment, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials
- Work outdoors with exposure to changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Location/Region: Houston, TX