The position of Platform Manager is responsible for the overall success of multiple dealerships by effectively managing the dealerships' staff, planning and developing short and long term goals and objectives, and meeting requirements based on objectives set by upper management.This is a position for a world class leader.
We are offering the the potential to have fractional ownership to the dealerships to the right candidate.
* Hiring all management positions, completing performance evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for each department manager (includes administrative, sales, parts, collision and service departments).
* Planning and developing short and long-term goals and objectives annually, and submitting time projections to corporate management for approval.
* Effectively communicating with the controller/office manager on a weekly basis to review departmental forecasts and ensure consistency with annual projections.
* Paying close attention to daily operations, recommending and creating improved courses of action where necessary.
* Explaining the policies and procedures of the dealership to all employees and following up with employees to ensure that these issues are understood and followed.
* Providing dealership management with weekly reports on the financial condition of the dealership.
* Overseeing the monthly financial statement to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to the management/dealership owners.
* Coordinating with the business/administrative office to ensure that records and analyses are correctly maintained.
* Creating a good working relationship with lending institutions and manufacturer personnel and maintaining these relationships.
* Coordinating regular meetings with the managers of each department to ensure their profitability and efficiency.
* Overseeing the hiring and training of all department managers.
* Maintaining an enthusiastic attitude to build positive employee attitudes and morale.
* Overseeing and maintaining compensation plans for all employees.
* Creating cost-effective advertising programs and merchandising strategies for the dealership.
* Focusing on any customer complaints that department managers are unable to rectify and taking the necessary steps to resolve these complaints.
* Should have at least 3 years of previous multi-dealer General Manager experience, and 5 years in a supervisory position.
* Must have strong leadership and organizational skills, and the ability to understand profit and loss statements and manage a large, diverse staff.
* Must possess strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors.
* Managers are required to stay abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations affecting their operations and comply with them, including hazardous waste disposal and OSHA Right-to-Know regulations.
* Must provide the necessary training on regulations and ethical practices.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60612)