Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel). Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor’s representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas. May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to project sites. Adhere to strict safety standards.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision of higher level technicians or staff professionals, learn and assist with tasks and perform basic testing and observations duties.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Project Manager
- Maintains assigned equipment.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Wondering what a day in the life as a Materials Technician at Terracon would look like? Watch this short video before applying.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Sioux City, IA