Founded in 1989, Satterfield & Pontikes Construction (S&P) is a builder as firmly rooted in traditional values as we are relentless in our pursuit of cutting-edge tools and technology. An ENR Top 400 Contractor, S&P uses advanced technology to maximize value for our clients and is an industry leader in sustainable construction.
Summary of Position:
The Project Manager is the company’s “management representative” responsible for the safe completion of project within the budget, on schedule, to the company’s quality standards, and to the customer’s satisfaction. It is his/her responsibility to initiate any action required to achieve the above objectives and ensure that all project activities are consistent with company policy.
Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
Consistency – Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork – Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors and managers throughout the organization.
- Project planning and mobilization.
- Accepting the project from the estimating department at budget transfer.
- Preparation of the CPM baseline, monthly CPM schedule updates and narratives, and CPM fragments with changes and delays.
- Timely and accurate Subcontractor Purchasing including the use of S&P bonding policy. Buy the right subcontractor, for the right price, at the right time.
- Processing submittals to achieve the project schedule and the contract documents. Expediting the material deliveries of subcontractors and vendors.
- Proactively promotes the company’s safety policies and programs.
- Oversight of S&P Quality Control Program.
- Cost reports – weekly and monthly review of job cost reports and preparation of monthly analysis. Carefully analyze cost AND schedule problems and initiate new alternatives, which will cause a course correction.
- Prepare and administer the “Third Point Review.” Achieve margin goal agreed to at Third Point.
- Participates in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, and presentations for selected projects.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Progress payments – preparing and submitting the monthly draw requests consistent with the contract documents while achieving project revenue forecasts.
- Processing and approving the monthly sub/vendor invoices in both a timely and accurate fashion.
- Administer Change Order Process, both prime and subcontractor.
- Supervises staff, including establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training. May make hiring, discipline, and/or termination decisions.
- Collecting all accounts receivable, including retainage. Closing out the project in compliance with contract documents.
- Ensuring a clean and orderly jobsite is maintained.
- Has overall responsibility for project success, including safety, schedule, profitability, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for understanding and administering prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance, etc.
- Preparation and review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
- Leads the Project Team in the review of manpower, equipment, material resources to ensure the successful and profitable execution of the work.
- Manages the development of the overall CPM schedule and assures coordination with the Project Superintendent and the procurement schedule with the Project Engineer.
- Ensures that as many levels of detailed schedules are prepared and distributed as required to support the project schedule.
- Document project impacts per contract requirements.
- Prepare all change orders, supplements, and cost control budget adjustments.
- Manages all billings to ensure timely submission of payment applications and collection of payments from the owner in order to maintain a positive cash flow position.
- Manages the overall payment process with the subcontractors.
- Manages the timely preparation and execution of purchase order agreements and subcontracts with respect to insurance certificates, bonds, and the appropriate lien waivers.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- B.A. or B.S.in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in managing construction projects and a thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures is essential.
- K-12 experience required
- Proficient management, leadership, business development, and technical skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work well within a deadline driven environment.
- Perform functions efficiently and accurately with little direct supervision.
- Must maintain a professional attitude and conduct oneself in positive manner at all times.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to perform in fast paced, changing environment
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
Satterfield and Pontikes Construction, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Satterfield and Pontikes Construction, Inc., encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX