Job DescriptionAre you passionate about making a difference in your community?
Terracon is growing and hiring Construction Materials Project Managers in our Portland Office! Our Portland office works on a vast array of exciting projects ranging from renewable energy sites, large scale commercial and multi-story mixed use projects across the state of Oregon and Southern Washington. This position is for a project manager who will be responsible for, planning, scheduling and coordinating construction materials specific project work, as well as scheduling technicians for projects varying in size and complexity and may also include special inspection oversight. The successful candidate will be experienced in preparing technical documents including proposals, reports and project management experience to support existing clients and project portfolios, and expand our service offerings.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- May be responsible for various inspections, as well as resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors.
- Provide excellent level of customer service.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state of the art technology issues.
- A minimum of 8 years’ CMT specific experience;
- ICC Inspection Certifications in one or more of the following: Reinforced Concrete, Structural Steel Bolting and/or Welding, Post-Installed Anchors, Masonry.
- WABO or OBOA Inspection Certifications in one or more of similar ICC certifications.
- Professional Engineer (PE) in leu of ICC certifications considered.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to travel out of town between 10% of the normal work week.
- Possess strong writing & MS Office suite skills.
- Ability to work on a team and build networks across Portland.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Portland, OR