Cobham is seeking a Program Manager to direct all phases ofprograms/projects from inception through completion, and participatein the negotiation of contract and contract changes. The ProgramManager will coordinate the preparation of proposals, businessplans, proposal work statements and specifications, and financialterms/conditions of contract and act as primary customer contact forprogram activities, leading program review sessions with customersin coordination with internal team members to discuss cost,schedule, and technical issues.
As the Program Manager your main responsibilities
- Defines the objectives and strategies of the program, toinclude strategic and company objectives consistent withcustomer and contractual requirements.
- Develops and implements effective customer communicationsplans to provide timely communications, represent the Voice ofCustomer, build customer relationships, define customerobjectives, and manage customer satisfaction.
- Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks toassure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives.Makes effective use of Program Task descriptions (PTDs), programmemos, and directives, to formally communicate program directionand changes.
- Coordinates the program activities with cognizant supportfunctions. Assures the optimum utilization of manpower andprogram resources. Assures effective management of subcontractsand execution of the program material plan.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance, evaluatingthe current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Implements a proactive risk management process. Assuresregular team identification, mitigation planning and review ofprogram risks, both during the program-planning phase andregularly during program execution.
- Measures and improves program performance through theinvestigation of improved processes, tools, staff training,facilities and team dynamics. Performs regular reviews of taskestimates, challenging the team to eliminate wastefulapproaches. Establishes a management reserve to provideresources for unexpected program challenges.
- Implements an effective issues resolution process. Assures regular team identification, action planning, closureand review of program issues.
- Establishes an objective roadmap for creating new businessopportunities from the present program. Manages customersatisfaction to assure a high rate of repeated business. Participates in planning of company capital, IRAD, B&Presources. Trains program personnel to be alert to newopportunities and equips them with "state-of-the-art" skills toremain competitive.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years’ work experience in a relateddiscipline within the DoD industry or a Master's Degree with 3-4 years’ experience; 4+ years relevant experience as a ProgramManager.
- Experience managing $500,000+ US Defense related productionprogram.
- Program Management experience directing productionprograms/projects from inception through completion.
- Experience leading proposal teams and developing proposals,participating in negotiations of contract and contract changes,and developing/managing business plans for assigned programs.
- Strong knowledge of DoD Program Management standards andoperating procedures.
- Experience leading people: coach and mentor staff; ability tolead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliverreliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceedexpectations; ability to act with energy, passion andresponsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align allelements of the business; ability to inspire every employee toreach his or her full potential and achieve excellence
- Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for a DoD Security Clearance
- 5-7 years as a Program Manager on Antennas, PrecisionPositioners, and/or RF/Microwave production programs within theDoD industry.
- Program Management experience directing production anddevelopment programs from inception through completion.
- B.S. in Engineering
- Active DoD clearance
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: Lansdale, PA