Summary Job Summary
- Responsible for coordinating philanthropic relationships to raise interest in and funds for the mission of Children's of Alabama, especially supporting the philanthropic energies of patient families and community partners. This role reports to the Director of Development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster community interest and support through timely and compelling communication.
- Collaborate with internal departments including Family Support Services, Corporate Communications, and Volunteer Services to match community and patient family interest in supporting Children's with the greatest needs of the hospital.
- Coordinate stewardship and donor cultivation efforts for Major Gifts and Annual Giving team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of three years of experience, preferably in a healthcare or nonprofit setting Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to conceive, plan, coordinate, and implement programs which focus on results, not processes, and which are successful in attracting substantial private support.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing programs which are aligned with the needs, expectations, and preference of constituents.
- Demonstrated skill in effectively working with groups and individuals with sometimes differing processes and goals to help build consensus and collaborative action toward hospital objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing, as well as a well-developed sense of propriety in dealing with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure with respect to expected and fixed goals.
- Knowledge of basic fund raising principles, and basic computer skills.
About this company
Working with children is perhaps the greatest benefit of working at Children’s of Alabama.As Alabama’s foremost not-for-profit pediatric health care provider, we can offer you all the challenges and opportunities for development you desire—as well as competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and a special sense of community that values every individual and rewards dedication and excellence. That’s why we provide both traditional workplace benefits and new, innovative benefits that are based on the values that have been vital to the spirit of our hospital for over 100 years. #HELPINGHANDSOFCHILDRENS
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (35233)