- Provide individualized behavioral therapy to patients and education and support services to families to assist them in understanding, accepting and adhering to recommendations of the psychiatric health care team. Implement the treatment plan and assist in the milieu of the unit to create a therapeutic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Psychology or Social Work required.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related social sciences field required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in child and adolescent mental health field required.
- Knowledge of counseling techniques, family systems and cognitive behavioral therapy required.
- Knowledge and experience with trauma informed care is preferred.
- Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries
- Professional license in area of specialty (i.e. Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist) required. License in the state of Alabama required. If licensed in another state, must be in the process of obtaining Alabama licensure.
About this company
Working with children is perhaps the greatest benefit of working at Children’s of Alabama.As Alabama’s foremost not-for-profit pediatric health care provider, we can offer you all the challenges and opportunities for development you desire—as well as competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and a special sense of community that values every individual and rewards dedication and excellence. That’s why we provide both traditional workplace benefits and new, innovative benefits that are based on the values that have been vital to the spirit of our hospital for over 100 years. #HELPINGHANDSOFCHILDRENS
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (35233)