The Customer Service Manager will partner with both the Sales and Operations teams. They will lead the Customer Service team who solicits business from specific or assigned groups of customers. The Customer Service Manager will serve as an extension of Sales to expand business revenue by exploring all freight opportunities with Customers and be aware of the system wide balance/imbalance within the Carrier One network to book freight accordingly.
The key to this position is an outgoing, friendly, genial interaction with a wide range of people. In this job, it is very important to connect with other people, to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis, to quickly form relationships, and to use those relationships to get work done. This job requires great attentiveness to other people; the ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them.
A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. There will be a fair degree of variety from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. There will be several "pots on the fire" at once, therefore the job requires one to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency to keep everything going smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and develops a team of 6-10 Customer Service Representatives (CSR)
- Builds and implements KPIs for Customer Service department
- Completes weekly performance reviews with direct reports
- Reviews all customer accounts on a monthly basis to evaluate and suggest areas of improvement
- Proactively partners with Load Planning and Operations teams to avoid driver downtime and customer issues
- Communicate with load builders to properly build the loads with the correct information and expectations from the customer.
- Insure the rates within the customer profile are up to date for load billing.
- Insure the customer profiles\location profiles are accurate and updated with contact information, customer instructions.
- Effectively communicate load issues internally within Carrier One and externally with the customer. Over communication is essential to our success.
- 3-5 years of experience in trucking operations
- Proven experience leading and developing a team
- Data driven sales mentality
- Enjoys building relationships with customers and reports
- Exhibits strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Flatbed industry experience is preferred
- McLeod experience is preferred
- An industry leading compensation package
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days of personal time off per year
- No waiting period for insurance benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision: 75% company paid
- Short Term Disability and Life Insurance: 100% company paid
- IRA savings plan with company match
- Opportunity to advance with a strong and growing company