The Director of Individual Giving will develop and maintain a
donor-centric, individual major gifts fundraising program in
support of the Team Rubicon (TR). The Director will manage a
team of fundraisers (major gifts officers and leadership annual
giving) and develop a portfolio of major gifts prospects consisting
of both current and potential donors. The Director will collaborate
with TR executive leadership team, staff and volunteer leadership
to fund high priority programs and projects to advance the mission
of Team Rubicon.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they
can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day
is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an
organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster
response. This position reports to TR’s Chief Development
Officer and is based in our National Office in Los Angeles, CA.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Maintain, cultivate and develop a portfolio of 80-100 major
- Manage a team of frontline fundraisers across the country.
- Maintain all necessary documentation for prospective and
current donors in the data base.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts
prospects and donors at the levels of $25,000 and above.
- Conduct personal visits, calls and other communications on a
regular basis, and track all activity.
- Assess planned giving opportunities and develop support
- Prepare major gift proposals, solicitation plans and other
necessary fundraising materials.
- Build relationships with the TR staff, leadership and community
to foster a better experience for TR donors.
- Work with TR leadership to identify and draft solicitation
plans for major gifts prospects that align with the organization’s
- Implement tracking and reporting for all donor activity.
- Develop and oversee a donor-centric leadership annual giving
program, in close partnership with the Marketing Communications
- Attend events as needed.
Experience and Background
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of experience in fundraising/nonprofit management
- Experience working with and managing relationships with high
net worth individuals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including ability to
efficiently create and manipulate Excel data and execute mail
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills.
- An excellent team player with positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to adapt in
a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and well organized.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, when necessary.
- Some travel required
- Built To Serve - connection to Team Rubicon’s culture and
mission, as demonstrated by empathy for others & passion for
- Interpersonal Strength - ability to relate comfortably
with people, to engage input, to listen and drive collaborative
- Trust & Respect - openness to feedback & respect
for the opinions and differences of others
- Resilience & Adaptability - ability to successfully
navigate complexity, ambiguity and constant change
- Financial Acumen - uses financial analysis to generate,
evaluate and act on strategic options and opportunities
- Balancing Stakeholders - understands internal and external
stakeholder requirements, expectations and needs; takes a proactive
approach to shaping and influencing stakeholder expectations;
serves as liaison between multiple groups of stakeholders and
effectively aligns their interests
- Customer Focus - serves as strategic partner to build,
grow, and maintain symbiotic and long-lasting relationships,
anticipating customer needs and providing services that exceed
expectations; uses customer insights to drive and guide the
development of new offerings
- Strategic Mindset - sees the big picture, constantly
imagines future scenarios and anticipates future trends and
implications; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that
show a clear connection between vision and action, current and
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (90045)