Position: Shift Lead Be the happiest part of people’s day at our Palo Alto Shop!
Salt & Straw is about more than just ice cream…we are striving to be the happiest part of people’s day, and this starts with our team.
We make taste-provoking ice cream by hand, in small batches that incorporates a cast of local chefs, cheesemongers, chocolatiers, brewers, roasters and more to make our product unique to each of our markets.
We are thrilled to be nominated one of the top ice cream companies in the country by the Food Network!
Besides being known for our delicious ice cream, we are also known for our shops being filled with the most passionate, most knowledgeable, and most welcoming team when it comes to providing out-of-this-world service.As a Shift Lead, you play an important role in taking care of our customers and help make our shop a great place to work, visit and partner with.
Our Shift Leads bring our values to life for our team and our customers.
This means leading by example and helping our entire team surprise & delight our customers by practicing advanced legendary hospitality.
* You are 18 years old or older * Are available to work 30-35 hours with regular open availability during holidays and summer
* Have a current Food Handler’s card
* Have experience in front of house food service environment
* Can physically, mentally and emotionally handle long periods (6-8 hours) of customer service
Shift Lead Qualities:
* Embody & coach our team how to be an agent for each other and our customers
* Uphold product quality standards of making & serving unbelievable product
* Bring company communication and trainings to life by staying informed and training team
* Keep our shops a clean, welcoming and safe place to work & visit
* Respect safety and hygiene standards
* Assist in leading shifts by collaborating with the Managers
We are proud to offer these benefits:
Health and Dental Benefits available
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Parental Leave
Competitive Wages and Opportunities for Growth
Lots of Incredible Ice Cream!
Enough of what we think… Hear what our team has to say about working at Salt & Straw:
If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Please include answers to these three questions hospitality questions in your cover letter.
* What is your favorite Salt & Straw ice cream and why do you love it?
* What work experience prepared you for the responsibilities of this position?
* What are you most excited to do more of in your work-life?
Location/Region: Palo Alto, CA (94301)