Position: Ice Cream Maker/ Spinner
Be the happiest part of people’s day at our Los Angeles Central Kitchen!
Salt & Straw is about more than just ice cream…we are striving to be the happiest part of people’s day, and this starts with our team.
We make taste-provoking ice cream by hand, in small batches that incorporates a cast of local chefs, cheese mongers, chocolatiers, brewers, roasters and more to make our product unique to each of our markets.
We are thrilled to be nominated one of the top ice cream companies in the country by the Food Network!
Besides being known for our delicious ice cream, we are also known for our shops being filled with the most passionate, most knowledgeable and most welcoming team when it comes to providing out-of-this-world service.
We are looking for a diverse group of individuals who all share a common interest of taking care of each other and our guests – helping make Salt & Straw an amazing place to work!
We started Salt & Straw to build community and have seen many amazing things happen in our shops.
Whether it is a first date, a birthday, marriage proposal, or a way to cheer someone up, we are honored to be a sought-after destination for tourists and locals alike!
Our team is the reason for this and we are proud to offer competitive benefits and lots of free ice cream!
Position Description: As an ice cream maker for Salt & Straw, you’ll be fanatical about making the best possible ice cream in the world.
The team you’re on is among the hardest working folks around, often on their feet for up to 10 hours a day meticulously mixing in our handmade ingredients, carefully churning ice cream, and lovingly adding a hand-drizzle of the perfect sauce or syrup.
Whatever it takes, you know your hard work will pay off being the happiest part of someones day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assist production management as directed in all designated activities, including, but not limited to, the following:
* Produce ice cream according to the daily Production Schedule
* Follow the recipe and production protocol explicitly, carefully weigh and measure all ingredients as specified
* Taste every ingredient in the batch before and after spinning
* Maintain a clean and organized space during production
* Follow our Good Manufacturing Practices while handling all products and equipment
* Complete and file daily production logs
* Coordinate with other team members to create a timeline for daily pinting
* Always be on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency
* Follow all health code regulations and complete Daily Cleaning Checklist
Position requirements: Ice Cream Maker
* Availability to work 10 hour shifts * Must be available to work weekends
* Ascertain that ingredients are available at the time of production
* Pour all mixed ingredients into manufacturing machines after setting correct temperature and time
* Can work in a freezer and in a very cold environment
* Store frozen ice cream in appropriate containers, in designated refrigeration areas.
* Current Food Handler’s / FoodSafe and Respect for Safety and Hygiene Standards
* Can physically, mentally and emotionally handle long periods of lean production techniques.
* Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
* Ability to stand on your feet while working
* All employees are expected to follow our General Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
Important GMP's include, but are not limited to: no jewelry or piercings (must be completely removed), the proper wearing of issued hair net / beard net and gloves, during food handling & production.Benefits:
* Health insurance & Dental (after 60 days of continuous)
* Paid Time Off
* Hospitality Training
* Employee Assistance Program
* Lots of free ice cream!
* Opportunity for Growth
We can't wait to hear from you!
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (90033)