Do you have a genuine desire to help and improve the quality of life for others and humanity?
There is a great need to care for the correctional population. If you are patient-focused, then correctional healthcare is for you!
We have an exceptional opportunity for Recreational Therapist to join our healthcare team at our Northwest Correctional Complex in Tiptonville, TN.
You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging, very rewarding and vital profession; while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person. The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, Free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Recreational Therapy or Mental Health field is required.
2. Previous experience in corrections, crisis intervention or health-related experience is required.
3. State screening license is preferred.
1. Provides group therapy and crisis intervention to patients
2. Coordinates recreational activity in the mental health special needs unit.
3. Conducts group activity therapy.
4. Provides crisis intervention, one-on-one intervention and follow-up.
5. Responsible for statistical data as requested.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
A more all-inclusive job description will be given on site during interview.
More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health. We have a 40 plus year history dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. Corizon Health provides patients with high-quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. Consider joining the Corizon Health team!
Need more information? Email Christine.Haskell@Corizonhealth.com
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Location/Region: Tiptonville, TN