Do you have a genuine desire to help and improve the quality of life for others and humanity?
There is a great need to care for the correctional population. If you are patient-focused, then correctional healthcare is for you!
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor, (Job ID) to join our healthcare team at Northwest Correctional, Tiptonville, TN. You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging, very rewarding and vital profession; while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person. The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, Free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
1. State Certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor.
2. Experience in providing services within a correctional setting is preferred.
3. Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
1. Provides direct clinical services to the inmates of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a primary counselor
2. As primary counselor completes in a timely manner:
a. Initial assessment
b. Group and Individual counseling
c. Discharge summaries
3. Conducts psycho-educational modules for program participants.
4. Evaluates inmates referred for substance abuse treatment services to determine the appropriate level of treatment and agency to provide required services.
A more all-inclusive job description will be given on site during interview.
More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health. We have a 40 plus year history dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. Corizon Health provides patients with high-quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. Consider joining the Corizon Health team!
Need more information? Email Christine.Haskell@Corizonhealth.com
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Location/Region: Tiptonville, TN