Position Location: Fort Morgan, CO
Employment Specifics: Full-Time, Exempt Administrative
The Dean of General Education and Health Sciences is responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and management of programs and faculty. The Dean of General Education and Health Sciences will oversee the major activities of instruction, including supervision of select full-time faculty, construction of the course schedule, and hiring faculty. The Dean of General Education and Health Sciences in collaboration with the Instructional Council will implement existing and planned programs and services in accordance with the mission and strategic vision of MCC.
For information about MCC, see the college web site: www.morgancc.edu
- Earned master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a content area relevant to the course offerings of Morgan Community College.
- Administrative and/or supervisory experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a full-time faculty member or equivalent at the post-secondary level.
- Mastery of curriculum design and instructional practice/theory to make decisions or recommendations significantly changing, interpreting, or developing instructional policies and/or programs affecting the entire college.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations.
- Community involvement.
- Leadership skills focused around openness, consultation, team approach and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Occasional long and irregular hours necessitated by special projects, compliance with deadlines, length of institutional day and week and committee service.
- Ability to travel out of town as necessary.
- Earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience working in a community college setting.
- Achievement of non-provisional or tenure status as a full-time faculty member at the post-secondary level.
- Experience with a variety of contemporary instructional delivery methods.
- Experience with grants management, including Perkins Grant.
Anticipated Start Date: Negotiable
Salary: $74,200-$78,200 based on education, skills and experience. Benefits include health, life, dental insurance, LTD & benefit package in accordance with Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System policies. No relocation assistance is provided.
Application Procedures: Review of applications is ongoing. For maximum consideration, application packet must be received by 03/27/2019. All applicants must use the following link to apply: https://morgancc.applicantpro.com/. All required documents can be uploaded using this link. Complete application packets include:
- Cover Letter responding to the position description and required qualifications
- Complete Resume
- MCC Employment Application: https://morgancc.applicantpro.com/
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable during the application process)
- Names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position
Incomplete application packets may not be considered.
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to
the duties & responsibilities of the position. Final candidates will be invited to travel to the College, at
their own expense, to interview with the Screening Committee & college officials.
MORGAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE is one of 13 colleges comprising the Community Colleges of Colorado. The college has consistently been named a Great College to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. MCC is located on I-76, 80 miles northeast of Denver and approximately 100 miles east of the Rocky Mountains. MCC provides quality lower division and occupational education through traditional, innovative and non-traditional delivery to an 11,500 square mile service area in eastern Colorado. The College serves this vast, rural, agricultural area from its main campus in Fort Morgan and through four regional locations in Bennett, Limon, Burlington and Wray. These locations are 75 to 150 miles from the campus in Fort Morgan. Students are enrolled in traditional classes, distance learning including multiple fiber networks, and online classes. The College is seeking dynamic, creative individuals who are committed to the community college philosophy, student success, and public service. If you are seeking a rural or small community life style, with excellent conditions for families; closeness to a major metropolitan area; year-round recreation and natural beauty; and a dynamic, forward-looking workplace, this position may be for you!
NOTE: Finalist must submit to and successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. It is Morgan Community College's procedure to conduct pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS: FORMER EMPLOYEES OF COLORADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM OR ONE OF ITS 13 COLLEGES, WHO WERE DISCIPLINARILY TERMINATED OR RESIGNED IN LIEU OF TERMINATION, MUST DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION ON YOUR APPLICATION.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: Morgan Community College must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act/1986. If you are hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and your authorization to work. The law applies to all persons hired.
Colorado Fiscal rules require all new hires to be placed on the Direct Deposit Payroll Program.
Morgan Community College publishes its Annual Campus Security Report in its entirety on the MCC website: www.morgancc.edu. The categories reported are: 1) Murder/Non-negligent manslaughter, 2) Forcible sex offenses including forcible rape, 3) Non-forcible sex offenses, 4) Robbery, 5) Aggravated assault, 6) Burglary, 7) Motor vehicle theft, 8) Arson, 9) Negligent manslaughter, 10) simple assault (pertaining to Hate Offenses), 11) Liquor law violations, 12) Drug law violations, and 13) Illegal weapons possessions. Upon request, an individual may receive a paper copy by addressing the request in writing to: Vice President of Student Success, Morgan Community College, 920 Barlow Road, Fort Morgan, CO 80701.
As a condition of employment, each employee shall agree to abide by MCC's Drug-Free Workplace Policy Statement. It is the policy of Morgan Community College that the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of a controlled substance in the workplace by an employee is prohibited. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary actions, which may include termination. The policy in its entirety may be found on the MCC website: www.morgancc.edu.
Morgan Community College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Morgan Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Location/Region: Fort Morgan, CO (80701)