Position: Pastry Cook Be the happiest part of people’s day at our Los Angeles Central Kitchen!
We are a small batch, handmade ice cream company that values quality at each level of our ice cream making.
This includes our pastry cooks who contribute in making our ice cream the best!
Being recognized as the top ice cream in the U.S. by the Food Network is an honor, and it is a tribute to the talented and passionate team players in our kitchens.
We are a crazy, fun mash up of high end pastry making and lean-focused manufacturing, resulting in experimental strategies.
One of the ways we implement this is intentionally collaborating with local artisans in the area from chefs, farmers, cheese mongers, coffee roasters, chocolate makers and more.
We do this because we value being part of the community and supporting the amazing talents in our area from Seattle down to San Diego.
We are looking for pastry cooks who want to be a part of something exciting and have eagerness to share their talents on our dedicated pastry team.
If you are an ice cream enthusiast, passionate about locally sourced ingredients and community involvement, join our team and find yourself surrounded by like-minded people.
* Possess a strong knowledge of pastry skills and candy making
* Experience with large volume dessert production
* Clear and concise communication skills
* Ability to take feedback and constantly be looking for ways to improve
* Demonstrate a high level of productivity and eagerness to work
* Ability to work four 10- hour shifts and weekends
* Strict hygiene and cleanliness standards
* Current State Food Handlers card
* Ability to lift 20-50 pounds
Pastry Cook Responsibilities:
* Produce ice cream according to the daily Production Schedule
* Follow the recipe and production protocol explicitly - carefully weigh and measure all ingredients as specified
* Taste every ingredient in the batch before and after spinning
* Maintain a clean and organized space during production
* Follow our Good Manufacturing Practices while handling all products and equipment
* Complete and file daily production logs
* Coordinate with other team members to create a timeline for daily pinting
* Always be on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency
* Follow all health code regulations and complete Daily Cleaning Checklist
* Have the ability to work in close proximity to others
* Can add to our fun environment!
We are proud to offer these benefits:
* Hourly Rate: $14.85 * Health and Dental Benefits available
* Paid Time Off
* Hospitality Training
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Parental Leave
* Short-term Disability
* Opportunities for Growth
* Lots of Incredible Ice Cream!
Enough of what we think…
Hear what our team has to say about working at Salt & Straw:
If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Please include answers to these three questions hospitality questions in your cover letter.
* What does hospitality mean to you and why does it matter in the kitchen?
* Why do you believe you are the right fit for this position?
* If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be?
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (90033)