Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a full-time (40hrs. /week), Regional Float Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our Western Missouri area sites, to join our MO Regional Nursing Support Healthcare team.
* Starting rate of pay for our Regional Float Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) is $27/hr., shift differentials; depending on experience. *
Correctional care is a highly specialized field of nursing that allows you autonomy and the rare opportunity to use most of your nursing skills.
You may see triage care, dentistry, lab, x-ray, ophthalmology, infirmaries, emergency rooms, and much more.
Correctional nurses are the first on the scene healthcare providers, so no two days are alike.
We welcome nurses from all backgrounds including, but not limited to new graduates, nursing homes, hospitals, dialysis, home health, and doctors offices.
You will be able to treat trauma, chronic illness, substance abuse, and mental illness to name a few.
* Nurses must be licensed in Missouri or compact state and have successful credentialing and security clearance.
* Float assignment nurses in the program will work PRN hours/week (benefit eligible) on a rotating 12 week assignment at correctional centers in the following locations: Chillicothe, Cameron, and St. Joseph, MO (position requires ability to work at all locations).
* Position requires full availability for all shifts - days, evening and night shifts.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
* Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
* Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
* Possesses an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Location/Region: Jefferson City, MO, US