We are currently recruiting for an exciting permanent, direct hire Director of Photo and Video, located in Richmond, VA. If you fit the qualifications below, please apply for immediate consideration. Relocation may* be provided.
The Director of Photo & Video will work with the Vice President of Field Research and Executive Leadership to identify core strategies that enable Architectural Photographers to capture compelling media to market commercial real estate. These strategies will drive the future vision of our brand as an invaluable resource to the industry. This person will also create the structure and accountability for staff to master the use of state-of-the-art technology including hand-held DSLR cameras, remotely operated 360-degree cameras, drones (UAV, UAS), videos, editing software and more.
- The successful candidate will set the standard for high quality photographs and videos.
- Create guidelines for Photographers to follow for each of our products.
- Implement drone video protocol, ideal photographs and videos captured by drones for each building type.
- Establish a uniform style for neighborhood/submarket photos and videos.
- Bring innovation to photographic workflows, reducing the delivery time of product, while improving the quality of imagery produced.
- Make technical decisions regarding shoots such as choice of cameras, lenses, and other accessories as well as other aspects such as lighting, shot composition, etc.
- Oversee and manage acquisition, deployment, and disposition of photo and video assets.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Design, and Product Development to identify ideal methods for image and video hosting and distribution.
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews of work submitted by our client's photographers.
- Create continued training and mentor program for Photographers.
- Senior-level creative or marketing experience with a successful record of developing, executing, and measuring strategies and tactics.
- Expert and practical knowledge of photography and video equipment such as cameras, lighting, sound, Steadicams, accessories and more.
- Ability to both give and receive clear direction
- Experience with Photoshop, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Premier, Mac OS and MS Office
- Expert and practical experience with drones (UAV, UAS)
- FAA 107 certification required
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environments
- Ability to recruit and manage top talent
- Experience researching, procuring, and testing new photo and video software and hardware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Photography, Film/Media, and/or Videography
- Domestic and International travel required.
JOB ID: 315484KK
About this company
The BOSS Group is an award-winning creative staffing agency matching top-level creative, marketing and digital talent with companies nationwide.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (23173)