The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The job engineer assists and acts as a liaison between contractors, superintendents, foreman, estimators, and engineers for a specific project until the completion of the project.
- Understand project specifications and verify compliance
- Review and code timesheets
- Review, understand and use project cost report as a tool
- Review, understand and use project CPM as a tool
- Manage minor subcontracts and input quantities in JDE & quantity book
- Prepare pay estimate for minor subcontractors
- Prepare project submittals as required
- Draft RFIs as questions/discrepancies arise
- Participate in the preparation of the project construction schedule & work plans
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in heavy/highway construction
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- JDEdwards experience is preferred
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Boston, MA