Starling Chevrolet is seeking an experienced Service Department Manager.
The Service Department Manager will be responsible for daily operations within the dealership's service department - including hiring and managing technicians, advisors, & support staff as well as vendor relations, and customer service.
* Run an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records.
* Create goals and objectives for the department, which includes an annual operating budget and a marketing plan to promote new and repeat business.
* Build relationships with customers, vendors, and manufacturers
* Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all service department staff.
* Monitor and control the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
* Ensure that customers receive prompt, courteous, and effective service
* Answer technical questions about vehicle problems, warranties, services, and repairs
* Maintain up to date knowledge of all products and warranty coverages
* Maintain the highest Customer Service Index (CSI) rating from customers by handling customer complaints immediately and according to dealership policy
* Understand and keep abreast of federal, state, & local regulations that affect safety/operations and complies with these regulations including hazardous waste disposal & OSHA Right-to-Know
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
* Maintain high quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks.
Conduct periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
* Other duties as assigned Requirements
* Prior Auto Dealer Service Manager experience
* Previous Management experience with union employees a plus
* Management experience at a high volume dealership required
* Must have verifiable work history with demonstrated stability
* Customer service oriented with a commitment to integrity, excellence, and quality service
* Ability to forecast and achieve parts, service, and sales goals
* Excellent computer skills with attention to details
* Must be able to build quality teams dedicated to working together seamlessly
* Must manage a highly productive shop while maintaining the highest work quality
* Ability to work well with customers, team members, and manufacturers
* Unrestricted availability to work a flexible schedule as required
* Valid driver's license with clean driving record
* Must be able to pass a drug screening and extensive background check
* This is a Safety Sensitive position Job Type: Full-time
* Service Management:
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates:
* Group health
* Dental * Vision, Life, Disability insurance
* 401(k) plan * Vacation
* Employee Vehicle Purchase Program * Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork- now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as a member of one of the best dealerships in automotive retail.
Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
Starling Chevrolet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Location/Region: Mount Pleasant, SC (29464)