We're looking for a highly motivated, GM Certified Automotive Technician interested in a lucrative career to join our team!
Competitive pay and sign on bonus available! Check us out, and find out what makes Kunes Country different!
Kunes Country Auto Group of Macomb is a busy and growing dealership in a beautiful community.
We offer full benefits, and are an 19-time winner of Automotive News' coveted "Best Dealership to Work For" award.Check us out, and find out what makes Kunes Country different! Benefits* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* 401K Plan + Match * Paid time off and vacation
* Short/Long Term Disability offered by company with additional available
* Growth opportunities * Paid Training
* Employee vehicle purchase plans * Saturday Lunches
* Family owned and operated * Long term job security
* Health and wellness * Long term job security * Discounts on products and services
* Above average industry pay Technician Specific Benefits* Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
* Uniforms provided * Discounts on products and services * Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality Standards
* Highly productive shop * Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
* ASE and state inspection certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
* Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based training
* Clean and professional work environment
* Apprenticeship program * Specialty Tools provided
* Competitive wages Responsibilities* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership.
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
* Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are informed if any additional service is needed.
Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
* Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
Qualifications* GM Technician Certifications
* High school diploma or equivalent, ASE Certification required
* Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
* Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competencies
* Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to improve
* Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
* Teammate with ability to collaborate with others effectively
* Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
* Ability to multitask * Valid driver's license and clean driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Macomb, IL (61455)