Manage complex projects with multiple detailers, products and vendors from estimating to final completion. Cultivate a positive customer service environment while maximizing profits for Harris Rebar.
• Must adhere to Harris Rebar’s safety programs and standards.
• Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
• Review contract documents/drawings and coordinate detailing efforts to ensure that we supply products and services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Provide total contract management of each project assigned, including coordination of the detailing, scheduling, delivery and costs of products and services utilizing the company business system, industry standards and other company resources.
• Oversee efforts to ensure that Harris Rebar fulfills contractual obligations on the assigned project(s).
• Coordinate project requirements with the contractor’s representative as well as with the rebar installer, engineer and/or architect using Harris Rebar’s contract management guidelines.
• Schedule the detailing and delivery of required products and services with the contractor, detailers, and Harris Rebar production staff as needed.
• Review changes to the project to determine their scope, ensure the accuracy of same, and then process the appropriate documentation in accordance with the company’s change order procedures.
• Assist in the change order process culminating in the acceptance of the change order by the customer.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to appropriate staff, workers, and customers.
• Represent the company in project meetings as needed.
• Work with Detailing Manager to help control the financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with customers.
• Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Branch Manager.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
• At least ten years’ experience as a rebar detailer and/or demonstrated construction project management experience
• At least three years of experience as a supervisor of detailers
• Ability to apply ACI codes and CRSI standards required
• Experience in customer relations and resolving problems or disputes
• A basic knowledge of contract law, standard business practices and human relations
• Strong mathematical skills
• Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously and manage time/meet deadlines
• Effective leadership skills; ability to coordinate own and others’ actions
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills necessary
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to use all applicable tools
• Occasional travel and job site visits will be required
• Protective equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats, etc. must be worn when on the worksite
• Work schedule may include hours beyond the normal business day
• Typical office activities
• Walking, sitting, standing, bending
• Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
• Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
• Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
• Moderate noise level
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Harris Rebar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. Individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Harris Rebar’s selection process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment with Harris Rebar. If you require an accommodation in completing our application, please notify the HR Department (508-377-1135.) Harris Rebar seeks to hire the most qualified applicant for each position.
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled, and a drug-free workplace.
Location/Region: North Las Vegas, NV