The Electrician A requires a well-rounded knowledge base addressing electrical responsibilities as would be required in a cogeneration plant environment. The Electrician A is also required to troubleshoot plant electrical issues, and interact with new construction and contractors as required
- Under the direction of a Lead Electrician performs maintenance and complex wiring and/or installations on motors, pumps, generators, transformers, switchgear, VSDs, PLCs, burner fronts, chillers, compressors, lighting systems and similar types of specialized electrical equipment/systems.
- May also work independently on projects as determined by plant Working Lead Electrician.
- Insures that University safety policies as well as all applicable State and Federal codes are adhered to. Works with Operations and Maintenance to perform “lockout/tagout” confined space entry, and any other procedure mandated by OSHA or NFPA prior to securing/servicing any equipment.
- Conducts inspections of projects in process. Perform tests to insure safe and efficient equipment operation. Support stakeouts per the NYS Digsafe program
- Assists in keeping records for materials, equipment and supplies
- Interprets plans, blueprints, and specifications. Assists as directed by Central Utilities Management.
- May work with or guide contractors through plant projects.
Education/Experience – (minimum required) High School Diploma, plus 4-6 years field electrician experience. Must be able to read and write English, make mathematical calculations, understand and use blueprints, wiring diagrams and electrical schematics. Prefer qualified candidate to have 2 to 4 years of documented experience with medium voltage electrical systems- of 4160V to13.8kV.
License/Certification Required: Must have a conviction free, valid NYS Drivers Licence
Location/Region: Rochester, NY