St. Vincent’s, in BEAUTIFUL downtown Birmingham, AL is looking for a Medical Technologist who is dedicated in transforming healthcare! Why You Will Do?Job Summary:
We invite you to join our team of Medical Technologist where you will perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents and reports test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations. The shift is 9:30pm - 7:30a, Monday -Sunday 7on/7off!Responsibilities:
What You Will Need?Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) or Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
Why Join Ascension?St. Vincent’s Health System
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required
- Bachelors in Clinical Laboratory Science from a NCCLS accredited program preferred;
, part of Ascension
, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent’s One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
About St. Vincent’s Birmingham
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent’s and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent’s and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement
St. Vincent’s participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-Verify site)
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL