Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer and team member experience.
Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and within the communities in which we live and work. Our vibrant and inclusive culture is activated by a commitment to the principles of: Do The Right Thing, We Before Me & Inspire Whats Possible and built on a legacy of values synonymous with Mortenson: Trust, Safety, Teamwork, Responsibility, Service and Stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Exciting, right? It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams.
Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002.
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is seeking a Senior Leadership Development Specialist to oversee leader-level-specific development programs designed to accelerate the impact and effectiveness of Mortensons people-leaders. This is an individual contributor role within an intact and dynamic team.
To ensure success in this role, you will bring best-in-class experience, innovative ideas and non-traditional solutions to the traditional problem of helping people successfully transition through all levels of the leadership pipeline. You will build and maintain strong partnerships with external experts, thought-leaders and consultants. You will also create meaningful connections with internal leadership, various stakeholder groups and organizational influencers to ensure collaboration, co-creation and buy-in. Above all, you will ensure an exceptional experience for all team members while actively contributing to a positive, energetic culture of the organization.
What will you be doing?
- Partner with Leadership Development Manager and external consultants on the design, implementation, and oversight of Mortensons approach to developing people leaders.
- Partner with external consultants and Learning & Development manager to manage content and overall learner experiences for online leader development programs that support in-person and on-the-job learning.
- Ensure all leadership development content and experiences align to culture principles and values.
- Manage all program reporting and analytics, including evaluations to drive continuous improvement, accountability, and organizational buy-in.
- Provide clear communication to program participants, supervisors and leadership; ensuring completion of pre-work, assessments, post-work, and follow-up learning nudges and assignments.
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of programs, technology, services, and experiences to augment Mortensons culture of learning, continuous improvement and commitment to team member experience.
- Support all efforts around organizational culture, inclusion and diversity, and change management.
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and leadership levels.
- All other duties as assigned.
How will you succeed?
- Master the inclusive and interpersonal: practice well-developed communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences using various modalities. Effective communication includes an openness to diverse input and feedback including actively seeking out perspectives different from your own.
- Fully commit to the customer experience: the team, our group, and the company are your customers. Be a champion of customer experience to every team member with whom you interact and fully commit to the team experience.
- Be an expert with a growth mindset: Knowledge of theories, principles, methods, and techniques relevant to the fields of leadership, organizational and talent development. More importantly, live life as a learner be more concerned with what you dont know than letting everyone know what you do know and be a champion of continuous improvement.
- Simplify the complex: have a strategic mindset that sees connections between otherwise disparate activities, projects, initiatives, and messages.
- Maintain optimism in the face of ambiguity: You will join a team tasked with leading brand-new-to-the-organization mindsets, approaches, programs and events. Ambiguity is the one thing that is certain, so resilience is a must.
- Be planful, but adaptable: appreciate attention to detail with strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to quickly adapt a plan to meet shifting team and business needs. Simultaneously manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible and positive.
- Maximize available tips, tricks and tools: seek out solutions and be resourceful in pursuit of creativity, efficiency and overall design and aesthetic. Have a solid technical aptitude with the interest and ability to quickly learn and fully leverage new software and technology.
Education and Experience
- Experience creating and facilitating leadership development programs.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Development, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Change Management or related field. Masters degree preferred. Related certifications a plus.
- Minimum six to ten years of experience in a related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, with a proficiency in OneNote, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN