Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer and team member experience.
Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and within the communities in which we live and work. Our vibrant and inclusive culture is activated by a commitment to the principles of: Do The Right Thing, We Before Me & Inspire Whats Possible and built on a legacy of values synonymous with Mortenson: Trust, Safety, Teamwork, Responsibility, Service and Stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Exciting, right? It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams.
Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002.
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is seeking an Associate Leadership Development Specialist to provide communication support, logistical oversight, as well as event and project planning for all leadership and culture development initiatives and events. This role will actively contribute to the positive and energetic culture of the organization and the Learning & Development team.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and contribute to a communications strategy that supports organizational change management related to Mortensons culture model and the events, programs, technology and services that activate the model.
- Provide creative and technical support for online learning experiences that help to scale leadership development across the organization.
- Build and manage relationships with all levels of leadership within Mortensons business service and operations groups to support the teams ability to collaborate and influence across the organization and best serve the development needs of our team members.
- Handle planning and logistics for all leadership development initiatives and events to ensure smooth execution and an exceptional experience for team members and stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the vision of our team by generating out-of-the-box thinking, solutions and ideas that will support our goal of providing best-in-class development experiences that connect to business outcomes and perpetuate our unique culture.
- Coordinate and administer personality assessments including related communication, reports, and logistics.
- Support all efforts around organizational culture, inclusion and diversity, and change management.
- All other duties as assigned.
How will you succeed?
- Master the inclusive and interpersonal: practice well-developed communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences using various modalities. Effective communication includes an openness to diverse input and feedback including actively seeking out perspectives different from your own.
- Fully commit to the customer experience: the team, our group, and the company are your customers. Be a champion of customer experience to every team member with whom you interact and fully commit to the team experience.
- Be an expert with a growth mindset: Knowledge of theories, principles, methods, and techniques relevant to the fields of leadership, organizational and talent development. More importantly, live life as a learner be more concerned with what you dont know than letting everyone know what you do know and be a champion of continuous improvement.
- Simplify the complex: have a strategic mindset that sees connections between otherwise disparate activities, projects, initiatives, and messages.
- Maintain optimism in the face of ambiguity: You will join a team tasked with leading brand-new-to-the-organization mindsets, approaches, programs and events. Ambiguity is the one thing that is certain, so resilience is a must.
- Be planful, but adaptable: appreciate attention to detail with strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to quickly adapt a plan to meet shifting team and business needs. Simultaneously manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible and positive.
- Maximize available tips, tricks and tools: seek out solutions and be resourceful in pursuit of creativity, efficiency and overall design and aesthetic. Have a solid technical aptitude with the interest and ability to quickly learn and fully leverage new software and technology.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources Development, Industrial Organizational. Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Change Management or related field.
- Minimum two to five years of experience in a related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, with a proficiency in OneNote, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ever heard of Intrepid? Even better!
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN