Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Marketing Director for our Mountain States region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an incident and injury free culture.
- Identify talent, provide development opportunities, and retain a best in class Marketing department.
- Partner with regional leadership and business development to set and lead regional marketing priorities.
- Direct and oversee project pursuits.
- Direct all proposal and interview prep activity, including team selection, project profile selection, and narrative strategy.
- Lead the value proposition development process.
- Strategize, write, design, edit, and produce key strategic pursuits.
- Direct strategic identification efforts of which events and tradeshows to participate in, team members who should attend, identification of goals, and execution. Attend critical or strategic events.
- Oversee public relations and other written communications; develop and foster local media relationships.
- Collaborate with marketing leaders across the business to support A&P’s branding in communications such as the annual report and website.
- Identify ideas for releases, articles, speaking engagements, and awards.
- Identify opportunities to share these ideas (media outlets, conferences to present at, media publications to write in, awards to submit for, postings to website, and social media sites).
- Proofread and approve copy.
- Direct strategic identification of innovative areas for design and graphic communications.
- Identify areas to produce advertising, photography, video, and other forms for media utilized to graphically communicate A&P’s position in the marketplace.
- Identify opportunities for additional or updated marketing collateral and sales pieces. Assist with proofreading and production.
- Oversee market research efforts including primary and secondary research. Lead strategic planning efforts.
- Interact with clients to build and foster relationships.
- As part of a team, interact with potential or current industry partners.
- Support relationship building efforts by participating in relationship building or information discovery meetings.
- As appropriate, initiate and\/or follow up with conversations start and\/or continue development.
- Oversee the Customer Loyalty program for the region. Create marketing reports that track, measure, and analyze performance that includes external customer satisfaction via effective customer surveys and analysis of internal customer relationship management data and tools.
- Manage the data development and management process including process documentation.
- Lead efforts to develop information and data including resume and project data updates and reference letter requests.
- Lead efforts to organize and manage information and data and ensure that data is saved in the appropriate places.
- Develop and document processes for developing internal marketing processes, organizing A&P construction processes as a sales tool, and identifying need for new marketing reports and templates from Deltek, intranet, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of progressively more responsible leadership experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in business\/marketing, journalism\/communication, or related field plus 8 – 10 years of proposal writing\/coordination\/research in the A\/E\/C industry or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- MBA in Marketing preferred.
- Broad functional experience in the areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research, and planning and promotions\/advertising.
- Experience building strategic marketing programs\/concepts, and selling the strategic programs at the Executive level.
- Experience creating and implementing brand awareness and communications programs and driving business using direct and channel-oriented selling models.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign). Illustrator experience a plus.
- Strong writing, proofreading, editing, and process documentation skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to identify talent, create and develop teams, and build trust and engagement.
- Experience in a complex business as a driver of growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in creating leads and brand awareness.
- Capability to identify and capitalize on opportunities quickly; ability to maintain effective balance between strategic and tactical priorities.
- Experience cultivating an active network of relationships, driving collaboration and alignment, relating well to key colleagues and connecting with employees at all levels.
- Ability to drive to the core of complex issues and provide insightful and constructive feedback.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Aurora, CO