Our client is currently searching for Technical Proposal Writers to join their virtual team full-time! This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team with a clear path for growth. The Technical Proposal Writer will create and develop responses in support of our client’s proposals that answers requests in a format that meets identified requirements and evaluation criteria. The creation of the RFP response includes the gathering and coordination of marketing, management, and development personnel inputs, and writing the response from source documentation (e.g., past proposals). Work may include acting as Volume Lead on large proposals as well as being responsible for all aspects of small proposals and Task Order proposals. Work includes development or assistance in development of past performance citations, sections within management and technical volumes, process plans, executive summaries, RFI responses, and resumes. Must understand and follow standard proposal processes.
This is a direct hire REMOTE
opportunity. While our client is open to virtual support, only candidates in the Eastern Time Zone will be considered.
Technical Proposal Writer Responsibilities:
Technical Proposal Writer Requirements:
- Review assigned RFPs and work with the proposal manager to understand and adhere to proposal requirements relative to writing assignments.
- Proactively apply the company proposal planning process to include outlines, themes, action items, style guide, etc. during the writing process to ensure RFP compliance and compelling proposals.
- Write and manage development of new proposal material. Revise/rewrite existing proposal materials based on the requirements of each proposal. Perform this work through interviews with engineers and other subject matter experts, research, and review/data mining of existing or similar materials (proposals, and other documentation).
- Coordinate writing assignments involving subcontractors, as required.
- Manage writing efforts of program staff when needed.
- Prepare resumes ranging from short vignettes to multiple-page complete resumes.
- Perform quality check of all assigned proposal sections and volumes, to include checking for RFP compliance, basic proofreading, and adherence to other proposal standards to ensure accuracy and quality of work. Ensure materials are edited as part of the proposal process.
- Establish and maintain files on our SharePoint site and Proposal Drive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of technical or proposal writing experience.
- Candidates MUST bring experience supporting State & Local proposals. Any experience supporting DOT specific proposals is a major plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly, Word, Outlook, and Excel), SharePoint, and Acrobat; and the ability to learn and proficiently use company business system software.
- Strong knowledge of Shipley and other best-practice proposal development processes.
- Ability to write cross-sections of proposal sections/documents, as well as reports and business correspondence.
- Communication, tact, and interpersonal skills to work with all levels of staff and leadership, within and outside the department; ability to work with a diverse team, including managers and peers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Complex reasoning and problem-solving abilities.
- Formal training or relevant experience in proposal writing and development (e.g., Shipley or other proposal development courses)
About this company
Cella is an award-winning leader in consulting, staffing and managed solutions for creative, marketing, digital and proposal development teams.
Location/Region: Hazleton, PA (18201)