First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Job SummaryFirst American is seeking an Escrow & Title Officer in the Douglas office.This position is responsible for performing the duties of an Escrow Officer and a Title Officer. Escrow responsibilities include establishing new escrow accounts and handling escrow documents. Title responsibilities include underwriting, researching and writing Title policies. All duties performed in accordance with company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations.
- Essential Functions
- Maintain escrow records and files and act as escrow agent
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned escrow customers and Brokers.
- Provide high level of customer service and develop ongoing escrow referrals from existing title and escrow customers and Brokers.
- Maintain accurate records in the escrow accounting system, customer database and FAST for processing of escrow and procurement of title.
- Open, process and close escrow transactions; develop and/or obtain required escrow documentation in accordance with escrow instructions, policy and procedures, and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
- Review escrow reports and compare to escrow records to ensure accuracy of posted escrow transactions for accounting purposes
- Familiar with most aspects of title work.
- Accurately price commitments, endorsements, policies and guarantees using appropriate schedule of fees and charges. Provide accurate disclosure and disbursement of all charges related to the escrow closing.
- Utilize technical bulletins in order to evaluate and resolve problems.
- Select appropriate write-ups for commitments and policies both standard and extended coverage and write error-free instructions to production typist for same, interface with Title Production Center to facilitate issuance of the title report.
- Participate in business development activities to help maintain existing clients and to acquire new clients.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail orientation
- Excellent verbal communication
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Resourceful problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Statutory and Federal regulations pertaining to real estate settlement
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years directly related experience with 3+ years processing escrow transactions as an escrow assistant.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Douglas, WY