In collaboration with end-users designs and modifies complex business rules in software applications to support organizational needs. May design, build, test, debug and install application systems.
The person in this position is responsible for the design, build, testing, installation and support of software applications required for the deployment of the MHS Physician Practice Management (PM) / Electronic Health Record (EHR) Program to voluntary and employed medical staff of the Memorial Healthcare System. This individual must have broad knowledge of application integration and data flow, as well as extensive experience in the on-site installation and support of hardware required to support clinical applications. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to designing and modifying screens and application workflows to support the organizational needs. As part of the EHR project implementation team, this individual will provide expert and creative solutions to user requirements and problems. This individual must take the initiative to research, resolve and respond to inquiries during the deployment and ongoing maintenance/support phases of the PM/ EHR program.
This position requires knowledge of processes and workflows common in physician office practices across varied specialties, in addition to advanced computer skills. This individual should possess knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in an ambulatory care setting and provide data, process, and system flow diagrams.
- Plans, designs, develops, and installs assigned systems.
- Tests and troubleshoots existing and proposed systems.
- Functions as an independent project manager or lead for a module or system. Provides expert and creative solutions to user requirements, inquiries and problems.
- Analyzes business and clinical processes and data to identify opportunities and improve existing processes using information
- Contribute to the PM/ EHR design/planning efforts
- Manage to assigned project priorities, communication requirements, and assigned work plan tasks required to meet implementation timelines
- Responsible for management of on-site installation / maintenance of workstations and hardware required to support clinical applications
- Code, test, debug and install application systems
- Mentors other support staff with technical skills and works under limited supervision
- Orients new staff members to PM/ EHR Application processes
- Configuration and integration of the software to produce quality deliverables
- Create and manage workflow diagrams and project documentation
- Training of end-user staff on the use of the software
- Provide on-going operational support (including training) for PM/ EHR solutions
- Continue to develop and optimize PM/ EHR solutions
- Write reports using EPIC's integrated report tools (RWB)
- Maintain and troubleshoot interface errors (HL7 and XML)
- Lead and support Optimization efforts
- Test system upgrades
Core competencies include the ability to communicate effectively, work as an independent professional, be self-motivated, and work effectively in a team setting to facilitate timely and successful EHR systems deployment and program execution. Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited program in a related field.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: None required.
Required Work Experience: 3 years
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. May require specialized knowledge of a business line.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
smartclick Organizational Profile:
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics.
Memorial Support Services provides a variety of business services to support our facilities. The main offices are located in Miramar with satellite offices located throughout our system.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Miramar, FL