Operates within the Information Technology Security team, with primary emphasis on daily monitoring, investigations, along with interviews to gather information related to potential security breaches.
1. Monitors, investigates, and reports incidents of suspicious activity or possible compromises to Manager, IT Security.
2. Responsible for proactively analyzing events from privacy and security monitoring systems to identify potential threats, risk or breaches and takes the necessary approach to reduce their likelihood.
3. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information and assets from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
4. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
5. Provides input into tactical security initiatives and assists with maintaining Information Security Policies and Standards.
6. Completes tasks designed to ensure security of the organization's systems and assets.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. May require specialized knowledge of a business line.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Experience Education:
Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field with course work in Information Technology Security, from an accredited school. Licensure, Certification and Registration:
Security Plus, Cisco Security certification, or an Industry certifications from ISC2 or ISACA. Required Work Experience:
5 years of experience in Information Technology with at least 1 year of experience in Information Technology Security.
HIGHLY DESIRED: Knowledge of Windows, SQL, Apple, and Linux systems. A strong understanding of regulatory requirements from HIPAA and PCI. Knowledge of IT Security architecture and design (specifically around Cisco, McAfee, and Tenable security products). Organziational Profile:
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics. The system offers a diversity of opportunities and specialties matched only by our uniquely skilled team of over 10,000 employees. Memorial Healthcare System has developed a strong organizational culture that empowers its workforce and supports a vibrant patient care environment. In fact, MHS was recognized by the Studer Group with a "Fire Starter Award" for extraordinary outcomes in developing a culture of service and operational excellence.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL