Locust Valley, Long Island, New York
Quaker, Co-Educational, Independent School for ages 3 through twelfth grade 30 miles from New York City.
Assistant Head of School/Director of Academic Affairs
We seek a visionary educational leader to play a major role in the daily operation of the school and to assume primary responsibility for Friends Academy's Pre-K to 12th grade curricular and instructional programs. Reporting to the Head of School and working directly with division and department heads, this individual will also serve as the point person for hiring and professional development.
Experience and Desired Attributes
- demonstrated successful record of school improvement
- an accomplished track record of visionary instructional leadership at the departmental, divisional and school-wide levels, pre-K to 12
- broad-based experience with curriculum and pedagogical design, implementation, and evaluation
- a clear and up-to-date understanding of current research and best practice in the field
- a solid reputation as a curricular leader, writer, and speaker on these topics on the regional or national level
- a demonstrable commitment to diversity and equity
- highly developed interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- prior experience in Friends Education/Quakerism a plus
Teacher Openings for September 2018
- FT Network Technology Specialist (Available Immediately)
US History l MS French/Spanish
- Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
For complete job descriptions, visit www.fa.org
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, statement of philosophy and references to Head of School, Andrea Kelly at email@example.com
Friends Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Location/Region: Locust Valley, NY (US - 11560)