Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Job Summary
Develop core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies client purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in design changes to equipment and/or software. Trains and communicates with clients on systems application. General Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Development experience throughout the SDLC using Microsoft technologies (i.e., .Net/C#, SQL Server)
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with web services development (e.g., HTML5, Angular)Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Oklahoma City, OK