Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Job summary:
During the implementation/conversion process, provides technical guidance and formulates systems scope and objectives relative to a client organization's business plan and industry requirements.GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolves program logic errors
- Participates in evaluation and selection of performance tools
- Understands the advantages/disadvantages of operating systems (e.g. Unix, Windows) and of various browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Foxfire, etc)
- Isolates and resolves complex problems using appropriate diagnostic tools
- Devises and implements solutions to correct performance problems
- Manages and coordinates test activities for assigned application
- Other related duties are assigned as needed
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job levelGENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with FIS ImageCentre and/or Content Management a plus!
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires good working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
- Good working knowledge of web development and debugging tools
- Understands principles of multiple applications development methodologies
- Knowledge of complex functions and features of installed database management platforms
- Skill in all versions of HTML programming and two or more programming languages as well as skill in VB and Java scripting
- Ability to understand and apply concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Entry Level Role. Fundamental knowledge of basic skills/concepts with moderate level of proficiency. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Works with management or senior peers on non-complex projects or as part of a team on more-complex projects, to learn through experience. Is an active team member, shares ideas and suggestions appropriate for level of experience. Typically requires 1 to 3 years implementation and/or conversion or business systems analysis experience or experience in a related discipline with a demonstrated ability to handle small project complexity.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL