Position Responsibilities\Requirements: WHO ARE WE?
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine. WHAT IS THE POSITION?
FIS is looking for a Product Application Support Specialist
to join our Core Banking
team in Norcross, GA
or Collegeville, PA.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a solid background in Production Support
who likes to contribute new ideas and is willing to put in the work to build their career.General Duties and Responsibilities:
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Installs software, including but not limited to, such as apache, tomcat, MQ.
- Installs latest fix packs and patches on a regular/periodic basis
- Prepares and readies the webservers for installing web code.
- Deploys code in Jboss, Tomcat, and Websphere environments.
- Implements changes and tests the code deployments.
- Performs day-to-day production support activities such as web server recycles, troubleshooting issues, etc.
- Code and support Linux/UNIX scripts to automate processes.
- Determines gaps in procedures/processes and come up with suggestions/recommendation for improvement.
- Ability to provide 24 x 7 client support by cycling through a 3-4 week pager rotation.
- Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving.
- Server middle tier management - log archiving, maintenance, general functionality.
- Assists with Server Network related issues or configurations.
- Develops technical designs that will meet system objectives and minimize the impact on operations.
- Prepares user, operations, and systems documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- You have a passion for Technology
- You understand Production Support
- You know how to Think outside of the box and solve problems creatively
- You take good notes and you are willing to ask for help when needed - this is important!
- If you enjoy learning from a variety of team members, developing new ways to enhance existing processes, are driven by real-world applications and are looking for a great place to grow your career - we want to hear from you! We are looking for smart, driven and dedicated team members to join our team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Top technical skills include: Redhat, Linux, Windows, Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, MQ, IIS, MS SQL Server
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Requires knowledge of one or more operating systems used by FIS
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of installation methodologies and toolsets as well as networking concepts and protocols
- Team skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to pick up new applications and drive the implementation of solution through SDLC into BAU.
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
- Financial industry experience
- Experience with Nagios, Introscope and/or Smartcloud
- Functional knowledge of debugging/troubleshooting tools in a java environment.
- Functional knowledge of relational databases (Oracle and MS SQL).
At FIS we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment. FIS offers an open minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.FIS Benefits and Perks:
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- Tax advantage flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- To help you manage your work and life needs we offer a health advocate program, tuition reimbursement and a group legal service plan
- 401K match and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- FIS Gives Back Program - supporting our local community
- Office has close proximity to shops and restaurants to visit during lunch hour
- External vendors offer a variety of food options on the weekdays
- Casual dress code (jeans every day if desired)
- Work from home options
- Highly leveraged team
- Geographically dispersed of various technology capabilities
**Current and future sponsorship not available for this position**
FISâ¢ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FISâ€™ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clientsâ€™ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poorâ€™s 500Â® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Norcross, GA