Position Responsibilities\Requirements: GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates pre-sales product pricing and scope of work documents
- Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes
- Takes an active/ownership role in resolving issues and challenges within the product sales process
- Provides product related responses to RFPs
- Makes product presentations, answers prospects' questions and is knowledgeable about prospects' business need
- Leverages product, industry and business process knowledge to formulate business solutions that serve prospects' business needs
- Delivers product demonstrations for supported solution set
- Serves as a resource for demonstration scripting and enhancement recommendations
- Works as a member of a sales team to assist in the sale of assigned products or services to identified key accounts
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of specific products including various solutions, market, and competitive intelligence
- Provides product content to sales executive for inclusion into proposals for clients - utilizing FIS resources and tools
- Assists in the development of sales plans and strategies
- Assists in the development of product sales presentations
- Maintains a network of contacts keeping product knowledge current
- Identifies challenges and issues within the product sales process
- Assists in finding solutions to product sales challenges
- Create weekly pipeline reports that show customers approaching contract so we all have an awareness of the risk and / or opportunity
- Create weekly reporting for opportunities for backbone only customers an potential upsell
- Contact the SAM/PCS to discuss the contract renewal and approach to discussing this situation with the customer - Perhaps other services are also up for renewal etc..
- Works with Legal/contract admin on the necessary paperwork associated with uplift and/or contract renewal
- Ensures all customer documentation and information is organized and current in the TED/EMS database for effective customer account management and renewal processes
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
Certifications from Cisco and/or ShoreTel/Mitel highly desired at CCNP/CCDP level or higherGENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good understanding of specific FIS products and services
• Strong knowledge of WAN/Voice Circuit technology including Cisco, MPLS, Metro Ethernet, SIP, PRI, POTS, as well as emerging technologies
• Strong knowledge of IP Telephony and Collaboration technology including Cisco, ShoreTel/Mitel, Cloud VoIP, as well as emerging technologies
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
• Requires solid decision-making and problem solving skills
• Analytical skills are required to determine client needs and requirements
• Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
Advanced professional role requiring high skill with extensive proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others. Has working knowledge of company products and services. Supports medium-complexity products and/or services and has an introductory knowledge of all FIS products and services. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Consults with senior peers on moderate to complex processes to learn through experience. Typically requires 5 to 7 years experience in a sales support or product support role.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ