Responsible for working with clients and vendor to gather business requirements and translating those into system requirements that can be implemented by the technical team. Validating updated system to ensure requirements were implemented correctly. Following up on issues reported to determine if they are defects or enhancement requests and documenting the changes needed appropriately. Ideally need a candidate with IBS experience but not mandatory
Conducting system demos for prospective and existing clients to communicate system capabilities and support sales activities. Participation in trade shows to support sales activities may also be required.
Conduct various types of research and analysis to support business operations of an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assist management in resolving business issues in an effective and productive manner. Design, document and re-engineer business processes and publish business metrics results.
Note: Please check this job carefully to ensure it is the appropriate match. Assign employees who provide business systems analysis for internal or client-facing projects to the Business Systems Analyst job. Assign employees who conduct software quality assurance/testing to the Software Quality Analyst. Assign employees who provide product support to the Product Support Representative job. This job should be used for employees who support general management for an FIS business segment, division, group or line of business.
General Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
• Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
• Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
• Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/return on investment.
• Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
• May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
• May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
• May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of FIS' products and services
• Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS organization
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
• Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
• Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies, e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Brown Deer, WI